“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Friday, January 23, 2009

One year ago today...

I just happened to notice that today marks exactly 1 year since I took a big gulp and signed the application to adopt a baby. It has been a year of all-over-the-map emotions – excitement, disappointment, joyful anticipation and fear of the unknown. Yet throughout my experiencing all of these feelings, I have been surprisingly calm and at peace that everything is happening for a reason, and my baby will present herself when the time is right. In other words, in God’s time.
I was bursting with pride for my country this week as Barack Obama was sworn in as our president. I know some people say race shouldn’t be an issue, but how could it not be? To think of how far this country has come! I can’t wait to bring my daughter home where, as President Obama said, she will have “the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness.”

No comments: