“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Friday, March 6, 2009

A Mother for Choco


I was asked by my friend & former co-worker, Samantha, to read to her 1st graders at Inglewood Elementary this week. It was so much fun hanging with those sweet energetic kiddos, and I was moved by the sea of President Obama drawings on the school's hallway wall. I chose to read “A Mother for Choco” about a bird trying to find his mother who eventually lets a Mama Bear become his mom and realizes they don’t have to look alike to love each other and be a family. It's a great book for parents to read to their adoptive children - and I can't wait to share it with my daughter someday.
In less than a 2-month period, if I'm keeping track correctly, I have moved from #105 to #82 on the waiting list. Slowly but surely, we're making progress!

1 comment:

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

Congrats on making the waiting list! We just found your blog on the CHI blogroll and look forward to following your journey.