“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Be patient and wait with confidence

I receive a daily devotional from Joel & Victoria Osteen. Today's email especially spoke to me:

"…See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm…"
(James 5:7-8, NIV).

The Bible tells us that we should wait for God’s promises like a farmer waits for his harvest. Now, I’ve never seen a farmer plant a crop and then worry night and day about whether or not it’s going to come up. He doesn’t lose sleep thinking, "Oh, I hope that my corn is going to take root. Please God, let my corn bring a harvest." No, he waits with confidence, knowing that the harvest will come. He does his part, and he knows that seed will produce a good crop.
In the same way, we should wait confidently for the promises of God. We have to stand firm on His Word. It’s not enough to just hope that your situation is going to turn around. Instead of the attitude "I hope I get well", have the attitude of confidence and say, "Thank You, Lord that I am getting well." Start waiting like the farmer. Wait with a knowing. Wait with confidence. Be sure that as you put God’s Word into practice, just like the farmer, you will see that harvest of blessing in your own life in return.


I am waiting with faith, confidence and loads of patience that my baby is on her way. For those of you keeping track, I believe I am now at #73. I celebrate each little advancement up the list!

No comments: