“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Monday, April 26, 2010

HELP BRING MY ETHIOPIAN PRINCESS HOME!

I have had several friends and family asking how they can help as I draw closer to bringing my Ethiopian princess home. I have always been independent and self-sufficient, so I squirm a bit as these inquiries come in, wanting to say “I’ve got it all covered!” yet quickly realizing that I am certainly going to need help and support in many forms. So I have come up with a list of ways you can make a difference:

MONETARY DONATIONS – It’s no secret that international adoption is a pricey endeavor – but certainly worth every penny! I am still anxiously waiting to hear whether my sister and I will be required to make 2 trips under Ethiopia’s new policy – something I certainly didn’t anticipate or budget for. And it appears we will be flying to Ethiopia at peak season when flights are at their most expensive – probably $2000-2500 roundtrip for each of us (times 2 if we have to make the 2 trips). If you would like to make a monetary donation to help fund our travel, click on the DONATE link at the top right of this page.

FREQUENT FLYER MILES – I assume no one has any frequent flyer miles for Ethiopian Airlines (ha), but we will also need to get from Nashville to Washington, DC (Dulles - IAD) for the Ethiopian flight. If you have a surplus of miles you might be able to donate, please contact me.

YARD SALES! – I am participating in TWO upcoming yard sales – my trash may very well be your treasure! The first is a giant yard sale hosted by Gaylord Entertainment employees this Saturday, May 1st from 8 AM-3 PM at the Gaylord Entertainment Pavilion, across from Engineering and the Commissary on Opry Mills Drive. Then anything I don’t sell will go to Yard Sale #2 which I am co-hosting with a friend on Saturday, May 8th at 2850 McGavock Pike, Nashville 37214. If you need more information, let me know.

ETHIOPIA DONATIONS – I will be bringing donations to Ethiopia for my daughter’s orphanage and my agency’s transition home, House of Hope. Here is a list of needed items:

Medical & Hygiene Items for Staff & Children: Surgical masks, chewable vitamins, band-aids, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, Neosporin ointment, Tylenol

Cloth Diapers (no disposables)

Toys: books, puzzles, rattles, coloring books, large crayons, jump ropes, balloons

Quality Children’s Clothing, Underwear & Shoes: new or gently worn – all sizes and seasons

Baby Care Items: diaper pins, baby wipes, baby soap, teeth rings, bottles & nipples, blankets, crib sheets

LARGE SUITCASES – To transport these donations, I will need 1-2 large, durable suitcases (that I may opt to leave in Ethiopia).

I appreciate any contribution you may choose to give – nothing is too small, and it will all make a difference. I am blessed beyond measure to have so much love and support. Thank you again for celebrating this incredible time in my life!

No comments: