“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

COURT DATE!

I finally received word today that my court date in Ethiopia is officially scheduled for Monday, May 31st. Fortunately, my documents were submitted prior to the start of the new 2-trip policy, so I will only be making 1 trip. A huge relief for me! So if all goes smoothly and I pass court on the 31st, I hope to be headed to Ethiopia in early July to bring my daughter back to her forever home.

This good news was certainly welcome in light of the devastating floods that wreaked havoc on Nashville last week. As you have probably heard in the media, my workplace was hit hard, and we will be displaced from our offices for several weeks. And I have friends & co-workers who have lost everything. On Saturday when the rains began, I was moaning about my leaky roof. By Monday, I was thankful for my leaky roof and no further damage to my home. These next few weeks are going to be very challenging as I continue to work with limited resources, but it is wonderful to know that happy times with my beautiful girl are on the horizon!

I appreciate your continued prayers!

2 comments:

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Yay! Hope you get to bring her around July so we can celebrate Addie's bday w/her!

Steph and Dusty said...

wooooohooooo. I am so excited Gina and can't wait to met you. Hopefully our children will become fast friends.