“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37:4


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

COURT COUNTDOWN!

The countdown is here - my court date is less than a week away. I have a wonderful, peaceful feeling knowing there are so many people praying for me and my baby girl. And I truly believe God's timing is perfect. I humbly ask that you say a special prayer as you go to bed this Sunday 30th on the eve of my court date. My case will be brought to the Ethiopian court as we sleep that evening. Wouldn’t it be my luck that my court date falls on a holiday, so unfortunately, I will have to wait until Tuesday 1st to learn the results from my agency. I figure I’ve waited 2-1/2 years, so surely one more day won’t kill me!

It is common not to pass court the first time due to a technicality – all of the planets have to align just perfectly! A fellow Ethiopia adoptive mom gave me permission to share the detailed list of prayer requests she used as her case was going to court. This will give you a better understanding of what must occur and what to pray for:

1. That the MOWA (Ministry of Women’s Affairs) representative, judge and orphanage director will be at court along with anyone else who needs to be.

2. That the official seals and signatures will be where they need to be in the paperwork.

3. That my daughter’s name will be on all the documents and spelled correctly.

4. That my name will be on all the documents and spelled correctly.

5. That MOWA will write the approval summary for the judge and get it to him or her on time.

6. That the judge and/or MOWA representative will not be in a meeting.

7. That court will not be postponed.

8. That nothing will be able to come against court being passed.

Thank you for your continued prayers – here’s hoping I will be introducing you to my beautiful girl’s face next week!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Usually someone from the birth family (if relinquished) has to be at the court to testify that they relinquished the child by their own free will and did not gain anything from doing so and know the child will be adopted internationally.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . G. Lopez said...

We'll be praying for you!
Memorial day will have a different meaning to you. A happy tear drop on your face and a "thank you" on your lips; you'll remember that for a long time.

Sherri said...

I'll be praying! Soon you'll be the apple of each other's eye :) We shared about our trip at church tonight, which was a great blessing... but they called me into the nursery later b/c they couldn't calm Zade down and he calmed right down for me. It felt so nice! Not that I wanted him crying, but it was kind of a rite of passage :)