The countdown is here - my court date is less than a week away. I have a wonderful, peaceful feeling knowing there are so many people praying for me and my baby girl. And I truly believe God's timing is perfect. I humbly ask that you say a special prayer as you go to bed this Sunday 30th on the eve of my court date. My case will be brought to the Ethiopian court as we sleep that evening. Wouldn’t it be my luck that my court date falls on a holiday, so unfortunately, I will have to wait until Tuesday 1st to learn the results from my agency. I figure I’ve waited 2-1/2 years, so surely one more day won’t kill me!
It is common not to pass court the first time due to a technicality – all of the planets have to align just perfectly! A fellow Ethiopia adoptive mom gave me permission to share the detailed list of prayer requests she used as her case was going to court. This will give you a better understanding of what must occur and what to pray for:
1. That the MOWA (Ministry of Women’s Affairs) representative, judge and orphanage director will be at court along with anyone else who needs to be.
2. That the official seals and signatures will be where they need to be in the paperwork.
3. That my daughter’s name will be on all the documents and spelled correctly.
4. That my name will be on all the documents and spelled correctly.
5. That MOWA will write the approval summary for the judge and get it to him or her on time.
6. That the judge and/or MOWA representative will not be in a meeting.
7. That court will not be postponed.
8. That nothing will be able to come against court being passed.
Thank you for your continued prayers – here’s hoping I will be introducing you to my beautiful girl’s face next week!